Little Green Light™
Terms of Service
Little Green Light reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Your use of the Service, and any new features that augment or enhance the Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the then current Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such updates and changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time.
You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process and activate your subscription to the Service (“Subscription”).
Your login (“User Account”) may be used by only one person; a single User Account shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate User Accounts for each additional person.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your User Account and password. Little Green Light cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You agree to inform us immediately of any unauthorized use of your User Account by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to you or to any third party incurred as a result of any unauthorized access and/or use of your User Account, or otherwise.
You are responsible for all content posted (“Content”) and activity that occurs in or under your Subscription (even when Content is posted by others who have User Accounts in or under your Subscription).
You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your city, state, country, or jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws).
New Little Green Light Accounts (“LGL Accounts”) are not available to users residing in the EU or UK, following May 25, 2018. Users of the Service who reside in the EU or UK, who have LGL Accounts pre-dating May 25, 2018, may continue to use the Service only for as long as is necessary to move to another provider, but in any event no later than December 31, 2018.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading & Downgrading Terms
A valid credit card or other form of payment is required to maintain your Subscription to a full-featured Service. The individual who creates your Subscription represents that he or she is authorized and approved to provide the credit card or payment information he or she provides to lawfully pay for the Subscription. If the credit card or payment information provided expires, you must update it with current information. If you would like to pay by check, you must pay annually or semi-annually.
Little Green Light is not obligated to provide a refund on the months following the cancellation of a subscription on which you paid in advance for quarterly, semi-annual, or annual subscriptions.
All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
Cancellation & Termination
You may cancel the Service at any time by either clicking the Cancel Subscription button in your LGL Account or by sending written notice of your intent to cancel to email@example.com subject to the following conditions.
An archived copy of your Content will be available to you, upon email request, before 179 days after cancellation, for up to 180 days after cancellation.
All of your Content may be deleted from the Service 180 days after cancellation. This information may not be recoverable once your Subscription is deleted. If you would like your data deleted before 180 days from your cancellation, please contact us via email.
If you cancel the Service before the end of your current payment period, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
Little Green Light, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Subscription and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Little Green Light service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Subscription or your access to your Subscription. Little Green Light reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and terminate any Subscription for any reason at any time with or without notice.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
Little Green Light reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify the Service (or any part thereof).
Little Green Light reserves the right to discontinue the Service with 30 days of advance notice. Should this occur, an archived copy of all of your Content will be provided to you within 60 days of the Service being discontinued.
Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30-day notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Little Green Light site (www.littlegreenlight.com) or the Service itself.
Little Green Light shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
We claim no intellectual property rights over the material, or Content, you provide to the Service, including the information about your donors and other constituents you store in your Little Green Light database.
Little Green Light does not pre-screen Content, but Little Green Light and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
The Service and the look and feel of the Service is copyright ©2007-2018 Little Green Light, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Little Green Light.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to current Subscription holders.
- You understand that Little Green Light uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt, or change the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Little Green Light, LGL Forms, or any other Little Green Light service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of Little Green Light.
- We do not actively monitor Content that users post on the Service. Nevertheless, we may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Subscriptions containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or that violate any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written, or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Little Green Light customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Subscription termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Little Green Light) of other Little Green Light customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your LGL Account or reduce your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Little Green Light does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Little Green Light shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of revenue, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if Little Green Light has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of Little Green Light to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Little Green Light and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior statements, understandings, or agreements between you and Little Green Light (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Our Terms of Service and the relationship with Little Green Light and its customers and users are governed by the laws of the State of Washington (USA) without regard for its conflict of law principles. You and the entity you represent agree that any and all disputes between Little Green Light and you, its customer, and users shall be filed exclusively in the state or federal courts sitting in Seattle, Washington, and you waive all defenses to the selection and appointment of these courts as the exclusive venue for resolving such disputes. You and the entity you represent hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Seattle, Washington (USA).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Little Green Light may periodically update these Terms of Service. We will notify you about significant changes by sending a notice to the email address of the primary contact specified in your LGL Account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Little Green Light™
- Information about people who are researching, purchasing, using, or who have used Little Green Light. These are shoppers and users (“shoppers/users”) of Little Green Light.
- Information about the people and organizations that you add to your LGL Account. We refer to these people and organizations as “constituents”, and the data about them is stored in a “constituent record.”
In the case of shoppers/users, we collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations).
In the case of constituent data, we store the data provided by or collected by users into their LGL Accounts.
The information we collect is used to deliver the service and to improve the content and quality of our Service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide the products, processing, and or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances, which you consent to by using the Service:
- It is necessary to share information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Note for shoppers and users residing in the EU and UK or using the Service from the EU or UK: Even though we do not allow new LGL Accounts to be created in the EU or UK, there are past shoppers and users of our service. In accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if you are a citizen of the EU or UK and a shopper/user of Little Green Light from the EU or UK, you have the right to request a copy of the information we store about you in our system, and you have the “right to be forgotten.” To exercise these rights, contact email@example.com.
All Little Green Light employees and contractors are bound by confidentiality agreements, which bind them to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential information.
Information Gathering and Usage
When you register for Little Green Light, we ask for information such as your name, organization name, and email address.
Little Green Light uses collected and personally identifiable information for the following general purposes: Products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and internal research and product development.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies are required to use the Little Green Light Service.
For visitors to our public website (www.littlegreenlight.com), we may employ cookies to serve you “remarketing” ads via third parties such as Google. Learn more about managing your Google ad preferences on Google’s Ads Preferences Manager page.
Little Green Light uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Little Green Light. Although Little Green Light owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Little Green Light application, you retain all rights to your data.
Little Green Light may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with lawful requests and subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service. Unless we are prohibited by law from doing so, we will notify you in advance of the disclosure to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure before the tribunal or agency requesting the disclosure.
Little Green Light may periodically update these Terms and Conditions. We will notify you about significant changes by sending a notice to the email address for the primary contact specified in your LGL Account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.