Little Green Light®
Terms of Service
Little Green Light reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Your use of the Service, and any new features that augment or enhance the Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the then current Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such updates and changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time.
You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process and activate your subscription to the Service (“Subscription”).
Your login (“User Account”) may be used by only one person; a single User Account shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate User Accounts for each additional person.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your User Account and password. Little Green Light cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You agree to inform us immediately of any unauthorized use of your User Account by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to you or to any third party incurred as a result of any unauthorized access and/or use of your User Account, or otherwise.
You are responsible for all content posted (“Content”) and activity that occurs in or under your Subscription (even when Content is posted by others who have User Accounts in or under your Subscription).
You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your city, state, country, or jurisdiction (including but not limited to intellectual property laws).
New Little Green Light Accounts (“LGL Accounts”) are not available to users residing in the EU or UK, following May 25, 2018. Users of the Service who reside in the EU or UK, who have LGL Accounts pre-dating May 25, 2018, may continue to use the Service only for as long as is necessary to move to another provider.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading & Downgrading Terms
A valid credit card or other form of payment is required to maintain your Subscription to a full-featured Service. The individual who creates your Subscription represents that he or she is authorized and approved to provide the credit card or payment information he or she provides to lawfully pay for the Subscription. If the credit card or payment information provided expires, you must update it with current information. If you would like to pay by check, you must pay annually or semi-annually.
Little Green Light is not obligated to provide a refund on the months following the cancellation of a subscription on which you paid in advance for quarterly, semi-annual, or annual subscriptions.
All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
Cancellation & Termination
You may cancel the Service at any time by either clicking the Cancel Subscription button in your LGL Account or by sending written notice of your intent to cancel to email@example.com subject to the following conditions.
An archived copy of your Content will be available to you, upon email request, before 179 days after cancellation, for up to 180 days after cancellation.
All of your Content may be deleted from the Service 180 days after cancellation. This information may not be recoverable once your Subscription is deleted. If you would like your data deleted before 180 days from your cancellation, please contact us via email.
If you cancel the Service before the end of your current payment period, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
Little Green Light, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Subscription and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Little Green Light service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Subscription or your access to your Subscription. Little Green Light reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and terminate any Subscription for any reason at any time with or without notice.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
Little Green Light reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify the Service (or any part thereof).
Little Green Light reserves the right to discontinue the Service with 30 days of advance notice. Should this occur, an archived copy of all of your Content will be provided to you within 60 days of the Service being discontinued.
Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30-day notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Little Green Light site (www.littlegreenlight.com) or the Service itself.
Little Green Light shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
We claim no intellectual property rights over the material, or Content, you provide to the Service, including the information about your donors and other constituents you store in your Little Green Light database.
Little Green Light does not pre-screen Content, but Little Green Light and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
The Service and the look and feel of the Service is copyright ©2007-2018 Little Green Light, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Little Green Light.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to current Subscription holders.
- You understand that Little Green Light uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt, or change the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Little Green Light, LGL Forms, or any other Little Green Light service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of Little Green Light.
- We do not actively monitor Content that users post on the Service. Nevertheless, we may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Subscriptions containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or that violate any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written, or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Little Green Light customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Subscription termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Little Green Light) of other Little Green Light customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your LGL Account or reduce your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Little Green Light does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Little Green Light shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of revenue, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if Little Green Light has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of Little Green Light to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Little Green Light and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior statements, understandings, or agreements between you and Little Green Light (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Our Terms of Service and the relationship with Little Green Light and its customers and users are governed by the laws of the State of Washington (USA) without regard for its conflict of law principles. You and the entity you represent agree that any and all disputes between Little Green Light and you, its customer, and users shall be filed exclusively in the state or federal courts sitting in Seattle, Washington, and you waive all defenses to the selection and appointment of these courts as the exclusive venue for resolving such disputes. You and the entity you represent hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Seattle, Washington (USA).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Little Green Light may periodically update these Terms of Service. We will notify you about significant changes by sending a notice to the email address of the primary contact specified in your LGL Account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Little Green Light®
Information Gathering and Usage
- Information about the NPO, meaning information about the NPO and the people and organizations affiliated with the NPO who are evaluating, researching, purchasing, using, and have used the Service. In this case, Little Green Light acts as a “Controller.” (A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.)
If the NPO signs up for Little Green Light email subscriptions, e-books, or webinars, or communicates with Little Green Light via e-mail, Little Green Light will collect from the NPO basic contact information such as individual name, organization name and email address provided to the Service by the NPO.
When the NPO signs up and registers to use the Service, Little Green Light collects basic contact information (user names, organization name, physical address, email address, and billing information from the NPO.)
- Information about individuals and organizations the NPO provides to the Service (”Constituents”) within the NPO’s Little Green Light account (the “NPO’s LGL Account”). For this data, Little Green Light acts as a “Processor” and the NPO acts as a Controller. (A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.)
These two sets of information are referred to as “NPO Data.”
In some cases, information the NPO provides to the Service about the NPO or Constituents may reveal personal information specifying the NPO’s or a Constituent’s medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, ideological views, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, including ideological views or activities, information on social security measures or administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions, trade union membership or information specifying an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation (“Sensitive Information”). Little Green Light treats Sensitive Information as strictly confidential.
Although Little Green Light owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Service, the NPO retains all rights to its NPO Data (subject to the individual User’s rights noted herein).
Sharing of NPO Data
Little Green Light uses NPO Data for the following purposes: to make available and deliver the Service, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, communication, internal research, and product and services development.
Little Green Light does not share NPO Data with or to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide the Service, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share NPO Data to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law. Little Green Light may disclose NPO Data (including personally identifiable information within the NPO Data) under special circumstances, such as to comply with lawful requests and subpoenas by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Unless Little Green Light is prohibited by law from doing so, Little Green Light will notify the NPO in advance of the disclosure to give the NPO an opportunity to object to the disclosure before the tribunal or agency requesting the disclosure.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to the NPO’s LGL Account User’s browser from a website’s hosting computer and stored on the User’s computer or device.
For visitors to the Little Green Light public website (www.littlegreenlight.com), Little Green Light may employ cookies for “remarketing” ads via third-parties such as Google. Learn more about managing Google ad preferences on Google’s Ads Preferences Manager page.
Little Green Light uses of a number of third-party software providers to process NPO Data and to provide the Service, and to manage communication channels with the NPO regardless of where the NPO resides. There are two types of third-party services Little Green Light uses to process data:
Little Green Light provides an opt-out choice, and an opt-in choice for sensitive NPO Data, before Little Green Light shares this NPO Data with third parties other than our third-party agents or the third-party integrated service providers the NPO has opted to use. Little Green Light will also provide an opt-out choice, and an opt-in choice for sensitive NPO Data, before Little Green Light uses any sensitive NPO Data for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized.
Note to Constituents (data subjects): If you are a donor or other Constituent whose data is being managed by a NPO customer of Little Green Light, and you would like to restrict Little Green Light from forwarding information about you to third parties, please contact the organization who serves as the Controller of your data. Alternatively, you can contact Little Green Light at email@example.com and provide the name of the NPO who submitted data about you to the Service. Little Green Light will refer the request to the NPO, and will support the NPO with its response to the request.
Right to Access, Correct and Delete
If a User of the Service is an individual residing in the EU or Switzerland, then in accordance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework, the User has the right to access, correct, and delete any personal data and Sensitive Information that Little Green Light collected from or about the User. To exercise these rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Constituents (data subjects): EU individuals and Swiss individuals have the right to access their personal data that is stored within the NPO Data, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal data that is stored within the NPO Data. With Little Green Light’s Privacy Shield self-certification, Little Green Light has committed to respect these rights. Because each NPO is the Controller of its NPO Data, if you are an EU individual or Swiss individual and wish to request access to your personal data that is stored in an organization’s Little Green light account, or wish to limit the use or disclosure of that data, please contact the organization who serves as the Controller of your personal data. Or, you can contact Little Green Light at email@example.com and provide the name of the NPO who submitted your data to the Service. Little Green Light will refer your request to that NPO, and will support the NPO’s response to the request.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Little Green Light’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
Little Green Light’s accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third-party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Little Green Light remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if a third-party agent that Little Green Light engages to process personal data on its behalf does so in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless Little Green Light proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Little Green Light commits to resolve privacy complaints and complaints about Little Green Light’s collection or use of personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to the Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact Little Green Light at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Little Green Light has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If, after submitting a complaint to Little Green Light, the NPO or Constituent does not receive timely acknowledgment of the complaint, or if the complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, the NPO or Constituent may visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to the NPO or Constituent.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, the NPO or Constituent may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has requirements that go beyond what the EU-US Privacy Shield requires, such as the naming of a Data Protection Officer and a local representative in the EU. As of November 2018, Little Green Light affirms compliance with Privacy Shield but not with GDPR.