On Sunday, February 14, we released some improvements to LGL Mailings and Acknowledgments, launched Stripe as an integrated payment provider, and added some other great updates for LGL:
- A four-step process that guides you all the way through a mailing
- A more powerful and intuitive mailing list feature
- The ability to see your mailing list as you build it
- The ability to add and remove individuals from your list
- Immediate view into who will be excluded due to lack of addresses and the do not mail and deceased flags
- A built-in basic Word docx file and pre-drafted letter content to ease letter creation
- A clearer view into your merged letters prior to downloading
For a more complete description of the new approach and a comprehensive 9-minute video, see the Knowledge Base article Mailings: What’s new (Feb 2016).
- Separation of Acknowledgments from other categories of mailings
- The ability to assign an acknowledgment template to gifts in bulk (many at once)
- The ability to mark gifts as “no acknowledgment needed”
For a more complete description of the changes for Acknowledgments, see the Knowledge Base article Acknowledgments: What’s new (Feb 2016).
LGL Forms with Stripe (payment processor):
In Fall 2014 we launched LGL Forms with an integration to ProPay for donation and other payment processing. On Sunday, February 14, we added the option to use Stripe for payment processing with LGL Forms. We’re excited to be able to provide our customers a choice in payment processors. Some of the nice things about Stripe include:
- No annual fees
- No transaction limits for either single transactions or monthly totals
- Low card processing rates for nonprofits: 2.2% + 30c for MasterCard and Visa
- Scheduled disbursements up to once per day
For more on using LGL Forms for donation processing and Stripe pricing, see LGL Forms for Donations.
Price change coming for payment processing
When we launched LGL Forms, we made sure that it would not require additional fees for LGL customers. That is still true to this day. However, we have always had a small fee on payment transactions. This is our only compensation for running the LGL Forms service. Our fee of 0.7% is going up to 1.0%, but only for people who sign up for LGL Forms and connect a payment processor *after* Friday, April 1. In other words, if you are already signed up for LGL Forms donation/payment processing or you sign up by Friday, April 1, your price will remain at 0.7%. And, we are continuing to cap this fee so it applies only to the first $5,000 processed in any one month. So, if you are signed up by April 1, the maximum we’ll charge through this fee in one month is $35, and if you sign up after April 1, the maximum we’ll charge in one month is $50.
We are delighted to be able to work with thousands of talented fundraising professionals every day. Your enthusiasm and collaborative spirit are what make us excited to get to work every day.