The just-published Individual Donor Benchmark Report from Third Space Studio surveyed 87 organizations with budgets under $2 million per year. We helped sponsor the study and invited Little Green Light customers to participate.
Here are the top two findings, as quoted from the report:
1) The single most important thing you can do to strengthen your individual donor fundraising is to create a plan. We searched for correlations between every piece of data in this report, but the only one that really mattered was whether or not your organization had a fundraising plan.
2) There’s still a huge opportunity in online giving. Organizations that are just starting online programs have the potential for explosive growth, and those with existing programs (generating $5,000 or more in 2013) saw 25% growth over the past year. If your organization isn’t maximizing your ability to solicit and accept online donations, you’re missing out.
The IDB report is full of great metrics that you can benchmark yourself against. Below we list three of the most salient metrics and provide a quick guide to how you can pull that data in your LGL account.
1) Average amount nonprofits raised from individual donors: $170,183
In LGL, click on the Fundraising tab, set the date range to “Last fiscal” and then set constituent type to “Individual”.
2) Percentage of individual donor revenue generated from donors giving $1,000 or more: 49%
In LGL, here’s how you can calculate this percentage:
3) Percentage of individual donor revenue raised online: 17%
In LGL, this requires a couple of quick onscreen searches:
Below is a nice infographic provided along with the IDB Report.
Join us for a guided tour of our software, with Live Q&AView Recording or Register Now >
Visit our extensive knowledge base for troubleshooting tipsVisit Now > Learning Resources
Get knowledgeable support from our team, our community and our helpful articlesLearn More > Browse our Consultant Network
Get help migrating complex dataFind a consultant > Free Courses & Downloads View All >
Meet other Little Green Light users. Share resources and tips.Request Access >